Thursday, September 11, 2008

My mind, where art thou?

The first lecture of Unit VI in Quantitative Techniques namely, Job Sequencing, with an adorable, energetic professor and a class full of great learners, except for one. Any guesses? Yes, that's me! Well I do not seem to have time for phone conversations, math, accounts or laws! The reason is that I am often not in this world. There are other worlds that I live in.

Well I would like you to meet my friends-Krishna, Arjuna, Macbeth, Hamlet, Claudius, Romeo, Juliet and Brutus. I often travel a billion years back to Kurukshetra to view Krishna racing Arjuna's charriot into the wind for the battle. Well, I also travel abroad. Just yesterday I met the three witches who were waiting for Macbeth on the foggiest part of the Dutch Highlands. Socializing has reached to new levels in my world. For those of you who are in sheer disbelief of my intense eccentricity, let me tell you, "To be or not to be, that is the question."

My passion for drama can only be imagined. Well, all that I'm waiting for is to get onto the the stage, with lights, music and people waiting to be transported to another world. It does not matter whether I act, direct or am in production. It's the spirit of drama, the opportunity to explore another's life nevertheless, through me. The privilege of creating the spirit of a play, through direction, coordination or production is only experienced by a few.

Another reason why I love plays is because it is so much of a 'play'. Music, lights and positional dynamics, all can be played around with to fine tune moods, tones and emotions. Stalwarts like
Satyajit Ray, Shyam Benegal, Prithviraj Kapoor and Naseeruddin Shah inspire me infinitely.

All in all, theatre 'plays' in my blood !
Thoughts, scenes & dialogues in my head flood
Of wars, deceit, romance and tragedy
And take me into a state of rhapsody!

8 comments:

Anuja P. said...

Nice :) I like the passion

Unknown said...

heyy...nice article. i completely understand!! :D n i'm sure theatre can be very distracting...hope u rock the english drama club!!byeee.

swati said...

really cool!
u write damn well!

Anonymous said...

aaah...finally a new blogger on the block (or should i say an old one back to blogville?) glad to see this one...=D

it was a great first post...introduces you well.

P.S.: update your blog regularly, don't be lazy like some others.

Surbhi said...

well written.crisp n conveys ur thots well.. nice :)

Varsha said...

the entire thing was excellent and ur passion oozes out of the entire blog, but in some para i thot it was a newspaper article coz it got too formal..otherwise it was great. I really enjoyed reading it as much as u enjoyed writing it:)
Happy blogging!

abhineet said...

Avinash... bro.. well i ddn't knw tht u wrote so well... i hope u havnt copied.. just kiddin!!!.. well excellent work bro.. really superb.. keep the good work going

Golden Dreams said...

Beautiful ! the flow of words as smooth as the flow of ur thoughts. Clear Concise and potrays the pure essence of what u wish to say. in short ....written like a pro! looking fwd to another posting on ur passion for writing (i e when u discover that passion..he he)..see u dont even know ur own potential...life is an unending process of SELF DISCOVERY.....Keep the posts coming...