Friday, January 2, 2009

Lines on which I flipped !!

Below are some quotes which I found thought provoking. Read on.

On Emotions
One mad magenta moment and I have paid for it all my life-Alan Bennett

On Fashion
I like to dress egos. If you haven't got an ego today, forget it-Gianni Versace.


On Love

To be wise, and love, exceeds man's might-William Shakespeare in Troilus and Cressida.

On Marriage
To keep your marriage brimming
With love in the loving cup
Whenever you're wrong admit it
Whenever you're right shut up.

Odgen Nash in 'A Word to Husbands'

On Men and Women
I think men talk to women so that they can sleep with them and women sleep with men so that they can talk to them- Jay McInerney in 'Brightness Falls'



On Conscience

Thus conscience makes cowards of us all- William Shakespeare in Hamlet

On Food

Kissing don't last: cookery do! -George Meredit.

3 comments:

Improvedliving said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

I liked them all! Especially the one on food :D

Mudra said...

I loved all, especially Ogden Nash's.