Wednesday, June 30, 2010

The Fool

Another of my attempts at writing songs....





Roaming on the roads alone,
Early in the hours of wee,
I found a fool finding his clone,
Did he really know what he wanted to see?

He touched his head to the ground,
Arose and touched his face,
Yelled a bit to see how he sounds,
"An idiot", he thought, "I am a disgrace"

Why was he afraid,
Who was he scared of?
What on his mind played?
Did he play cricket or did he play golf?

I wished I could talk to him,
An interesting personality was he,
Couldn't get what was his milk,
Only saw himself skim with glee.

Madness took him over,
He started playing with the drain cover,
Thought about all that happened unnecessarily,
Would you be surprised if i told you it was me?



1 comment:

Dazediva said...

Very nicely put !
I like the imagery behind it all

What instruments would you have for this in a sound track ?

Is it a slow Leonard Cohen style song or something a bit more faster ?