Monday, November 25, 2013

Celebrate with Dance

"Some dance to remember, some dance to forget" goes the line in Hotel California. I say, dance if you want to experience magic!

I have been known to have two left feet. Whenever I have danced, people have laughed. Over the years, I decided with increasing conviction that I am not a good dancer and would eventually find my corner when the dance floor would be open at parties.

I am not slim and fit. Too much of a glutton and very lazy to exercise everyday. Some people judged that I couldn't dance because of this.

This is not a success story. But maybe, the beginning of it. Maybe.

Just putting this down on record because I am about to begin a wonderful journey into the world of dance. I chose to do that because of how I felt the other day.

I am training to dance for a social event. Every time I would train in learning a step and the choreographer would give his cue by counting "5,6,7,8", I would be worried about when he would say "8" and how quickly after "8" I would have to move. This was a standard thought every time he would give the cue. But yesterday, I was tired of not getting it right so I told that worrying voice inside me to shut up! And I didn't even look at people around me. I just focused on the music.When I completed the step, my co-dancers were thrilled. They told me I did it perfectly. I didn't quite understand what they were talking about. I didn't exactly do anything.

This hit me later. I didn't exactly do anything. I just went with the flow.

I realised that dance is not to move to the beats. It is to become the music. And how wonderful would it be, if I carry this spirit in every sphere of my life!

I am extremely excited to begin my tryst with dance.


No comments: