Sunday, February 22, 2009

The Distance

It's a beautiful sunday morning. And something is missing. A part of me is missing. I am here, on my bed, writing this out, while experiencing a hunger which cannot be satisfied. The hunger of a homely breakfast on my dining table with my family.

Fresh Idlis , Sambhar , Coconut chatni or be it the traditionally sindhi cokie with dahi, anything would do. I have to make do with Maggi here. And yeah, the maggi that mom makes, tastes totally different!! Never valued home more. I can just remember a saying which is put up on my Nani's bedroom wall-"A house is built of bricks but a home is built of hearts"

It is the distance, that makes us value. For years, I took everything for granted. But that is really the rule of life.There is a difference between knowing the value of things and realizing their value. The realizing part is what is important, be it anything.

2 comments:

Anish said...

damn you avi....i have to read this on a day when i havent had dinner. Will have to get my ass to the canteen now i guess. :D keep writing

Varsha said...

that made me cry...